How about both?! So I really really love the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil (love the whole line as you already know). Mind you, when I first got it, I wasn't using it right. I'd wet my face and cleanse...not so successful, it wasn't "cleansing". So then I would just use cotton pads to take off eye makeup and use Clairsonic for the rest of my face. Well, turns out, that's not the right way either. When I met with the fabulous Beauty Executive Trainer Gina, at Josie Maran...she set me on the right track. Half the time we buy things and don't use it right then claim we hate it. Knowledge is power! Yes, even with makeup :) Power is in your hands...ok, I'll stop. Anywho! So you're supposed to take a pump or two in your dry hands, rub it together and rub it all over your dry face. Your face will turn into a big ol' mess with your foundation, mascara, brow pencil and blush all rubbed together! (Beware:it's a sight to see) It's great because it doesn't burn your eyes. Once you feel like your face has melted off (...ha!), then start rinsing it with water. Feels amazing and the makeup is all gone! If there is any residue left around your eye, then take a round cotton pad to it. Because Argan Oil is a natural oil, cleansing with this will NOT break you out. I know "oil" sounds scary but of course there's the good and the bad. And Argan is just, great! After I've cleansed my face with the Argan Cleansing Oil, I use my Clairsonic with its cleanser to deeply cleanse my pores. I don't like removing my makeup with this (although you can) but I feel like it just rubs around my makeup all over the place. Sooo that's about it. Moral of the story, I love both didn't know which one to use, so figured out a way to use both and it works perfectly for me. Hope you found this helpful. #skincleansingdrama #onlywomen :/
I had the pleasure of working on one of the sweetest brides this weekend. Her wedding was at the beautiful Fairmont Hotel in Santa Monica. It was an outside ceremony followed by a beautiful reception at the banquet hall. I had done Assal's makeup quite a few times so I really got to learn her style and wants for her big day. She was one of the calmest, easy-going brides I've seen! These are the brides that enjoy their wedding day the most! I got to hang out with her a bit till later that evening to re-touch her...but I have to admit, her makeup had not budged! The fact that she had amazing skin played a big role of course. I took my younger sister with my as my assistant and as her first job! She was excited but so drained at the end of the night! lol...welcome to the life of a makeup artist, Armine ;) We kept Assal's makeup very clean, with a soft smokey and a blended wing liner. I put some some Velour mink lashes in TDotOhh that just completed the look! (fav style of lashes btw) We put a pop of pink on her lips to give her look some flavor and soft glow of pink on the cheeks. She looked absolutely stunning. From her amazing Baracci wedding dress, to the beautiful flowers, her makeup ;) and her hair! Adrina did a a beautiful job on her hair!!! On top of her talent, she has a very positive uplifting attitude that does her 100% to deliver what you want. You can find Adrina at the Cristophe Salon in Beverly Hills. You can also follow her on IG: @adrinaart along with her sweet assistant Beverly @BevyBev3. I have attached some behind the scene photos just as a teaser but I cannot wait till I get the photos from Vic Studios! Stay tuned!
So I was recently sent a few foundations to try called Core. I had never heard of this brand before but was definitely excited to try it. Not only because I am always on the search for an amazing foundation but because of the information I received along with the products. I love that it has natural ingredients that won't harm your skin, moisturizing properties to hydrate, sunscreen protection, anti-oxidants, and vitamins A, B, C & E. Sounds amazing already right? Well, wait till you feel it. It has a very rich creamy texture that just glides on evenly. The second I put my "face" on, I was in love. My face was GLOWING, the coverage was amazing and felt really light on my skin. I usually stay away from "glow" because of my oily skin, but this product has a luminous and pearlescent finish that truly makes your skin look porcelain. I put on the Smashbox oil-free primer, let it set in for a few seconds and used my beauty blender to blend it all over my face. It's creamy enough in texture where you can keep blending until you get the clean even finish you want. What's amazing about this product is that it also adjusts to your skin tone. I used the darkest color "E" (because I am super tan right now) and it looked amazing. I use Mac studio finish concealer in NW 20 to brighten underneath my eyes and the bridge of my nose to highlight and brighten. I set it in with MAC mineralized in "light" underneath my eyes and Ben Nye's banana powder all over my face. The finish was picture perfect! Love how my makeup looks with this foundation and I have been getting many compliments. I believe Cinema Secret carries this product as of now, but it will be sold at my studio in Sherman Oaks very soon! I called Venus to thank her and tell her how much I loved the product and learned she was an extremely sweet down to earth girl. She then informed me that she is a makeup artist herself and has been for 20 years now. It took her 4 years to create this foundation and she is finally ready to put it out there. She bought used and compared some of the best foundations on the market to be able to pick and chose which qualities she loved in order to create Core. I can't wait for you girls to try it. You are going to LOVE it!
I just want to give a shoutout & a big Thank You to Anastasia Soare from Anastasia of Beverly Hills for putting together such an awesome party at her beautiful house! I was so excited to be there and be a part of such a wonderful event. I can't describe how adorable everything was! She invited a bunch of her makeup-artist fans to meet & get to know each other beyond their IG & Facebook names. Personally, there are a lot of makeup artists on social media that I personally love and follow that I couldn't wait to meet! Then I saw Troy Jensen! A celebrity makeup-artist that I love and look up to! He was such a funny, friendly, nice, humble guy. I am a big fan of his works for perfecting faces with versatility. I also got to meet another pioneer in the makeup industry, Kandee Jonhson! She is as sweet, friendly and bubbly as she is in her youtube videos. I remember first learning about her when I started watching youtube tutorials years ago and there was only a handful of girls doing it. She caught my attention as the talented artist she is and I continue to be a fan. Oh and Kylie Jenner was there too; but I totally missed her :( But I did get to meet a bunch of other amazing artists. I have attached some photos below (I don't know how to rotate the photos!) It was such a wonderful experience and an amazing time! Thank you Anastasia & Claudia! xoxo
Hey guys! Hope you all had an amazing weekend. I have so much to blog about, I don't know where to start. Work has been a little crazy for me since the wedding season has begun! Early mornings & long days. Thank God I love what I do lol. In all honesty, I meet some of the most amazing girls in so many different fields that truly inspire me in return. I am so thankful for all my clients and students, without them, I wouldn't be where I am. I can't believe its been almost a year since my grand opening of Lilit's Makeup Studio! The year flew by so fast that I barely got to grasp the many changes in my life. I never knew I wanted to do makeup, I never thought about opening my own studio & definitely never thought I'd be where I am. All I know is that I kept asking myself, what's next? I think there are two kinds of people in the world: ones that are content with their life & ones that always want more. And I don't mean just financially because when it comes down to it, too much money is never enough for anyone, so it becomes a vicious cycle. When I am talking about the ones that always want more, I am talking about that personal satisfaction in your heart & your mind. To inspire, to be inspired, to help, to do more, touch as many hearts as possible, do things you never thought you'd do, reach for the stars & over the moon. Yes, that extreme...the want that is never enough. I think it's what keeps you going in life. I had an amazing teacher once ask the class, "If money was not a factor, what would you do? What would you be?" At that point, I had never thought about this because we always think our dream is "too far", so we settle with what is at an arms distance. But if you take the small steps and climb that ladder little by little, you will only get closer & with enough ambition, reach your dreams. So now ask yourself, if money was not an factor, what would I do? With that said...back to makeup!
As mentioned before, a beautiful face starts with beautiful skin. I want to introduce you to Narine Nikogosian, the renowned skincare expert and one of Hollywood's top skincare specialists. Narine was interested in skincare & facials at the young age of 6! While we were playing dress-up & hopscotch, Narine was playing with natural foods to create and experiment mixtures on her own face. She watched her mother and grandmother not only eat fruits and vegetables, but create skincare products from it, for themselves. Narine trained in nursing with a concentration on dermatology in Armenia and Russia. She came to America with all her experiences and gained a respectable reputation as a talented aesthetician. She currently works at Ole Henriksen Face and Body on Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles. Narine has worked with some of the greatest A-listers in Hollywood such as Jessica Alba, Charlize Theron, Carmen Electra, Ellen DeGeneres, Tyra Banks & many many more. Narine Nikogosian wrote a book, "Return to Beauty: Recipes and Old World Wisdom for Great Skin". In her book, she shares her secrets to younger, healthier, glowing, inexpensive skin regimens. Narine has created recipes for every skin type for every season. The great thing about her, is that she is not trying to sell you over-priced skincare most people cannot afford. She is promoting a book of time-tested creations that will save you time & money. She has accomplished so much with her passion that I had to blog about her. I am so proud of a fellow Armenian woman building such a great reputation in such a saturated industry. I do not personally know her (although I did speak to her on the phone and she is the sweetest thing!) and receive nothing in return for my blog post...but only to recognize and bring acknowledgement to her ideas and book that I believe in. To read more about her, check out her website at www.ReturnToBeautyTheBook.com. I just put in my order on Amazon and I am super excited! Also, absolutely booking my next facial with her :D I can't wait to see what she will do with my skin. I will keep you all updated and posted as soon as I do! Hope you guys enjoyed the post and look into her book. Have a great day!
Author of "Return to Beauty"
Hey guys! So I was recently sent an airbrush system from Belletto Studio to try out and I finally got around to it. I've been using Dinair for a very long time and have been committed but I always believe in trying new things. I have to say that I absolutely loved it. It was not cakey or thick as it may look in the picture (FYI I sometimes "amplify" the photos I post to really make the details stand out, which may in turn work against me :/ ) In any case, it was very light! Overall, airbrush is meant to be controlled. If you like light coverage, you spray on one layer. If you want full coverage, you layer it on till you get the coverage you want. Airbrush makeup is meant to look flawless without the heavy look or feel. You don't "feel" the makeup and it doesn't move around, which is amazing. The system is really easy to use on yourself. You just have to make sure you keep it at an arms length and layer! I do have to say, airbrush is not for everyone. It is not for the on-the-go mom and not for super oily skin. I personally have an oily t-zone and it works wonders on me because it doesn't let me get shiny or oily. But if you have the type of skin that's slippery and oily overall, it's not for you. Otherwise, it stays all day! You can touch your face and the foundation wont budge. Belletto Studio is definitely a product you can use at home on a daily basis with a light spray. I used F5 all over my face with F3 underneath my eyes to highlight. I also used the B5 blush which is a pink tone. I personally don't like airbrush eyeshadow because you don't get enough precision but of course it's definitely a perference! I loved the system and will post a promo code for you guys to use to get a discount shortly. Hang tight!
Hey Guys! I have finally posted my first ever YouTube tutorial. Check it out and let me know what you guys think! Make sure to watch Part 2 to see the complete look. Please make sure to like, subscribe and comment. Hope you guys like it!
Hey guys! So I finally got around to posting my top 10 favorite products of 2012! I know...we are almost March and I am a lag; but better late than never right? There were a lot of products from 2011 that I wanted to repost as a continued favorite BUT I figured you can always check back on my old post. There is a lot of info on the products below so feel free to just breeze through the products and close the page :) However, if you want info on the product and why it made it to my top 10 of 2012, keep on reading...
1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer - Still hands down favorite primer! I've blogged about this in a previous post but had to include this in my top 10 products. I've used many and I mean MANY different primers throughout the year and have found some great ones, but I do always go back to this one. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, its oil free, makes your face glow without the unwanted t-zone shine, repels water, reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles and just makes your skin look flawless!
2. Anastasia: Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat - Her whole line is amazing, but this is really genius! Waterproof mascaras never go on as nice as our favorite mascara. Usually, it is such a hassle to take off waterproof mascara, but this product makes our life a bit easier. Because you are not layering and layering (like we do with regular mascara), you are only coating your mascara once to lock it in place. We can run from waterproof mascara...but we can't hide! Because when summer hits and pool season begins...this will be your best friend :) For me, it simplifies my process with my clients. Some clients need waterproof (emotional brides) and some don't. So I can use any of my fav mascaras on anyone!
3. Beauty Blender - Oh the famous little sponge that changed the life of make-up artists (and every other makeup fiend). I really don't know how I blended the foundation/concealer all together without this fella? Now, I can't work without it! I have about 15 of them because washing them does take a while between clients, but if taken well care of, will last you a very long time. Foundation goes on flawless without looking heavy and will have an airbrush looking finish. If you are not using one yet...you are missing out!
4. Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Powder - Obsessed with these powders. I just dust some all over the face for a beautiful glow (the perfect balance between matte and glitter). If you are oily, keep it away from your t-zone because you will shine but if you are normal to dry, boy are you lucky. Dust it all over your face to set in your foundation or just to liven up dull looking skin. I use the "light" to brighten underneath my eyes and the "medium" everywhere else. Love love love.
5. Mac Mineralized Blush "Warm Soul" - Thee perfect blush. Remember when I said there is no such thing as the "best blush"?? Because everyones skin tone is different and such? (refer to old post) Well, I take that back. This IS the best blush. I use it on almost all of my clients and I can't believe how much it really compliments their different shades of complexion! It's not pink, its not brown, it's right in between with the softest sheen that makes your cheeks glow. The other colors are beautiful too but this color is a definite MUST HAVE!
6. CAUDALÍE Beauty Elixir - Also blogged on a previous post, the au natural hydrating mist for all skin types and all occasions ;) This product definitely made it in my top 10 because once again, anybody can use it! It is a misconception that the water will ruin your makeup. In reality, it really sets in your makeup. If you are dry, this is especially perfect for you because it has essential oils that will treat your skin. If you have oily skin, it's still great for your skin because the oil produced from underneath your skin is not the same as these oils sprayed onto your skin. It absorbs quickly and does not add on to your shiny-ness. Now that summer is coming along, you are going to love and overuse this product because it is so refreshing! There are cheaper options such as Mario Badescue Rosewater or Evian Spray.
7. Lime Crime Lipsticks - Every. Single. Color. Even the black looks amazing, how is that possible?! As you know my absolute favorites are Cosmopop and Coquette because they look beautiful on so many skintones; but all her colors are truly beautiful and perfect. She doesn't have 10 shades of red, 10 shades of pink, etc. She has one per category and it is just perfect. Besides the adorable packaging and colors, she is adorable herself! I had the pleasure of meeting her at IMATS and she is an absolute sweetheart! Made me want to buy her products even more <3
8, MakeupForever Sculpting Kit - Last year I blogged about the Smashbox contour palette I was obsessed with...later to find out it was being discontinued. Why?! It was the perfect contour palette. I was pretty sad for a bit until I found this! Find the shade that's right for you because they do come in 6 different levels I believe. Use it sparingly and layer if you need to intensify. It has a perfect highlight and contour color but no bronzer, so make sure you blend the two together with a matte bronzer to get the perfect gradience of color.
9. Lorac Pro Palette - Lorac came along and kicked Urban Decay Naked Palette to the curb. The difference? The different shades of matte. As beautiful as shimmers are, you need mattes to balance it out and the Naket Palette just didn't have enough for me. The top row are all mattes from the lightest shade to the darkest and the bottom row are all shimmers. Together, it's perfection. You can keep your look light or make it really dramatic, the shimmers pack on well and the mattes blend beautifully, An absolute MUST HAVE!
10. MAC "Whisper of Gilt" Extra Dimension Skinfinish - This highlighter is hands down the most beautiful highlighter on the skin. Of course, it was seasonal and MAC no longer carries this item. Had I known, I wouldv'e bought 10! It gives such a beautiful glow to the skin without the glitter. The tone is perfect for most complexions and just makes your skin like dewy. I am obsessed with this product and I use it on almost every client! I am waiting for MAC to say "j.k., it's back!" I have a tad bit more left that I use sparingly...
I've been loving the Lush cosmetics skincare for sometime now. Lush uses fruits, vegetables, essential oils, synthetic ingredients, honey and beeswax in their products. They don't use any animal fat and they are cruelty free! In other words, a more natural and animal friendly line. I don't use much of their cosmetics because its just not enough pigment for me BUT I do love their emotional brilliance face powder. It's light, hydrating and matifying. It's great for all skin types but even better for oily skin. It really does keep me matte for a long time. It's truly translucent (although its a pink powder) and goes on clear. Smells good, soft texture and free of mineral oil! Mineral oil clogs your pores, so stay away from any product that includes this. Instead, the Emotional Brilliance has jojoba oil which is similar to the skins natural sebum, so it absorbs easily and hydrates your skin. I use this on a regular basis over foundation for a shine-free finish or you can use it on its own to even out skin tone for a natural look. Emotional Brilliance is $18.95. You can buy it at a local Lush store near you. Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day blogees!