Hey guys! So I finally got around to posting my top 10 favorite products of 2012! I know...we are almost March and I am a lag; but better late than never right? There were a lot of products from 2011 that I wanted to repost as a continued favorite BUT I figured you can always check back on my old post. There is a lot of info on the products below so feel free to just breeze through the products and close the page :) However, if you want info on the product and why it made it to my top 10 of 2012, keep on reading...
1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer - Still hands down favorite primer! I've blogged about this in a previous post but had to include this in my top 10 products. I've used many and I mean MANY different primers throughout the year and have found some great ones, but I do always go back to this one. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, its oil free, makes your face glow without the unwanted t-zone shine, repels water, reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles and just makes your skin look flawless!
2. Anastasia: Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat - Her whole line is amazing, but this is really genius! Waterproof mascaras never go on as nice as our favorite mascara. Usually, it is such a hassle to take off waterproof mascara, but this product makes our life a bit easier. Because you are not layering and layering (like we do with regular mascara), you are only coating your mascara once to lock it in place. We can run from waterproof mascara...but we can't hide! Because when summer hits and pool season begins...this will be your best friend :) For me, it simplifies my process with my clients. Some clients need waterproof (emotional brides) and some don't. So I can use any of my fav mascaras on anyone!
3. Beauty Blender - Oh the famous little sponge that changed the life of make-up artists (and every other makeup fiend). I really don't know how I blended the foundation/concealer all together without this fella? Now, I can't work without it! I have about 15 of them because washing them does take a while between clients, but if taken well care of, will last you a very long time. Foundation goes on flawless without looking heavy and will have an airbrush looking finish. If you are not using one yet...you are missing out!
4. Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Powder - Obsessed with these powders. I just dust some all over the face for a beautiful glow (the perfect balance between matte and glitter). If you are oily, keep it away from your t-zone because you will shine but if you are normal to dry, boy are you lucky. Dust it all over your face to set in your foundation or just to liven up dull looking skin. I use the "light" to brighten underneath my eyes and the "medium" everywhere else. Love love love.
5. Mac Mineralized Blush "Warm Soul" - Thee perfect blush. Remember when I said there is no such thing as the "best blush"?? Because everyones skin tone is different and such? (refer to old post) Well, I take that back. This IS the best blush. I use it on almost all of my clients and I can't believe how much it really compliments their different shades of complexion! It's not pink, its not brown, it's right in between with the softest sheen that makes your cheeks glow. The other colors are beautiful too but this color is a definite MUST HAVE!
6. CAUDALÍE Beauty Elixir - Also blogged on a previous post, the au natural hydrating mist for all skin types and all occasions ;) This product definitely made it in my top 10 because once again, anybody can use it! It is a misconception that the water will ruin your makeup. In reality, it really sets in your makeup. If you are dry, this is especially perfect for you because it has essential oils that will treat your skin. If you have oily skin, it's still great for your skin because the oil produced from underneath your skin is not the same as these oils sprayed onto your skin. It absorbs quickly and does not add on to your shiny-ness. Now that summer is coming along, you are going to love and overuse this product because it is so refreshing! There are cheaper options such as Mario Badescue Rosewater or Evian Spray.
7. Lime Crime Lipsticks - Every. Single. Color. Even the black looks amazing, how is that possible?! As you know my absolute favorites are Cosmopop and Coquette because they look beautiful on so many skintones; but all her colors are truly beautiful and perfect. She doesn't have 10 shades of red, 10 shades of pink, etc. She has one per category and it is just perfect. Besides the adorable packaging and colors, she is adorable herself! I had the pleasure of meeting her at IMATS and she is an absolute sweetheart! Made me want to buy her products even more <3
8, MakeupForever Sculpting Kit - Last year I blogged about the Smashbox contour palette I was obsessed with...later to find out it was being discontinued. Why?! It was the perfect contour palette. I was pretty sad for a bit until I found this! Find the shade that's right for you because they do come in 6 different levels I believe. Use it sparingly and layer if you need to intensify. It has a perfect highlight and contour color but no bronzer, so make sure you blend the two together with a matte bronzer to get the perfect gradience of color.
9. Lorac Pro Palette - Lorac came along and kicked Urban Decay Naked Palette to the curb. The difference? The different shades of matte. As beautiful as shimmers are, you need mattes to balance it out and the Naket Palette just didn't have enough for me. The top row are all mattes from the lightest shade to the darkest and the bottom row are all shimmers. Together, it's perfection. You can keep your look light or make it really dramatic, the shimmers pack on well and the mattes blend beautifully, An absolute MUST HAVE!
10. MAC "Whisper of Gilt" Extra Dimension Skinfinish - This highlighter is hands down the most beautiful highlighter on the skin. Of course, it was seasonal and MAC no longer carries this item. Had I known, I wouldv'e bought 10! It gives such a beautiful glow to the skin without the glitter. The tone is perfect for most complexions and just makes your skin like dewy. I am obsessed with this product and I use it on almost every client! I am waiting for MAC to say "j.k., it's back!" I have a tad bit more left that I use sparingly...