Many of you have been asking me to post my favorite products of 2013, so here it is (a bit late, as usual)! There was many wonderful products I came across; but I will list the products that I could not do without last year! Here they are, not in any particular order:
1. Stila "In the Know" Eyeshadow Palette - This palette is the Holy Grail of natural matte palettes. The texture is amazingly smooth, packs on well and the color selection is amaze! You have the pink nudes, beige nudes, greys and browns. I don't know what else to say about this except that its, simply perfect. Worth every $.
2. The Beauty Blender - As you all know, I have been obsessed with this sponge for a while now. There are many similar sponges from different brands which are also great, but again, The Beauty Blender? Holy Grail. (Make sure to dampen the sponge and get it as puffy as you can, then soak it out before you use it!) If you use this product dry or just "wet", you will not get the intended results and you will hate it. If used correctly, your foundation will look airbrushed and will blend contours and highlights perfectly.
3. Anastasia Contour Kit - Obviously on my Top 10! This contour palette was one hot cookie and its no wonder. It has a perfect shade collection all in one kit. The yellow tone can be used as your "banana" powder, you have a pink shade highlighter and a shimmer highlighter. You also have various shades of contour colors/bronzing for any skin type. It is also great to use summer/winter when your skin tone changes. In addition, I am super excited and proud to see my girl Tamana (@DressYourFace)representing Anastasia! You go girl.
4. Vera Mona "Color Switch" - I call this magic. I use so many disposable towels when working with clients to take off the color from my brush to dip into a different color (otherwise I use 80 brushes). This sponge takes off all the color in 3-4 swipes and you will be ready to dip the same brush into any color without the last color transferring off. Pretty genius if you ask me!
5. Anastasia Brow Wiz - I absolutely love this automatic brow pencil. The precision I get with it is like no other. The consistency is just right. Dry enough to avoid crayon like finish and soft enough for a smooth transition. In addition, she has a color to match every hair color/skin tone perfectly. She just came out with Auburn and Granite, so make sure you get the color that's right for you.
6. Elaina Badro "Bent Eyeliner" Brush - This brush is amazing! I have always used straight pointed brushes and just looking at this brush scared me. But I finally decided to give it a try one day and I absolutely love it! It basically lines your eyeliner for you. This is especially perfect if you are using it on yourself because that curve helps avoid your lashes getting in the way. The rest of her line is amazing too, check her out at www.ElainaBadro.com
7. Sigma Precision Brush Set - When working on clients (or myself), I always start with the eyes and then finish the face. This brush set is perfect because it allows me to clean off the smudge and unevenness underneath the eyes without making a mess. The brushes are made of Sigmax fibers which allow you to use them when creams liquids or powders and this brush set in particular mimics your fingertips so you can get to hard to reach places like the sides of your nose next to your tear ducts. Thumbs up from me!
8. MAC ProLongwear Concealer - I have tried SO many concealers in my years, but the concealer of the decade goes to MAC. Seriously, coverage (check), consistency (check), lasting effect (check), color selection (check), most importantly, it does NOT crease! You can control how heavy you want to use it but layering, as with any product, is the key!
9. Belletto Airbrush - I have been using this on my brides and the finish does not compare to anything else. It is water based and water resistant and any skin type can use it. The coverage is amazing; but it still looks like skin! It is perfect if you want your makeup to last the ENTIRE day (and night). *You can use coupon code "lovelilit" for a great discount*
10. MAC Extra Dimensi_on Skinfinish - I absolutely love the skinfinish highlighting powders! I haven't found anything similar from any other brand that delivers as well as these do. Unfortunately, most are seasonal, so as soon as it comes out, make sure you get your hands on them! They add a high shine without much glitter and it actually makes it look like your skin is glowing without it looking like too much product. I can keep repeating, LOVE!