Author of "Return to Beauty"
As mentioned before, a beautiful face starts with beautiful skin. I want to introduce you to Narine Nikogosian, the renowned skincare expert and one of Hollywood's top skincare specialists. Narine was interested in skincare & facials at the young age of 6! While we were playing dress-up & hopscotch, Narine was playing with natural foods to create and experiment mixtures on her own face. She watched her mother and grandmother not only eat fruits and vegetables, but create skincare products from it, for themselves. Narine trained in nursing with a concentration on dermatology in Armenia and Russia. She came to America with all her experiences and gained a respectable reputation as a talented aesthetician. She currently works at Ole Henriksen Face and Body on Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles. Narine has worked with some of the greatest A-listers in Hollywood such as Jessica Alba, Charlize Theron, Carmen Electra, Ellen DeGeneres, Tyra Banks & many many more. Narine Nikogosian wrote a book, "Return to Beauty: Recipes and Old World Wisdom for Great Skin". In her book, she shares her secrets to younger, healthier, glowing, inexpensive skin regimens. Narine has created recipes for every skin type for every season. The great thing about her, is that she is not trying to sell you over-priced skincare most people cannot afford. She is promoting a book of time-tested creations that will save you time & money. She has accomplished so much with her passion that I had to blog about her. I am so proud of a fellow Armenian woman building such a great reputation in such a saturated industry. I do not personally know her (although I did speak to her on the phone and she is the sweetest thing!) and receive nothing in return for my blog post...but only to recognize and bring acknowledgement to her ideas and book that I believe in. To read more about her, check out her website at www.ReturnToBeautyTheBook.com. I just put in my order on Amazon and I am super excited! Also, absolutely booking my next facial with her :D I can't wait to see what she will do with my skin. I will keep you all updated and posted as soon as I do! Hope you guys enjoyed the post and look into her book. Have a great day!
Author of "Return to Beauty"
Hey guys! So I was recently sent an airbrush system from Belletto Studio to try out and I finally got around to it. I've been using Dinair for a very long time and have been committed but I always believe in trying new things. I have to say that I absolutely loved it. It was not cakey or thick as it may look in the picture (FYI I sometimes "amplify" the photos I post to really make the details stand out, which may in turn work against me :/ ) In any case, it was very light! Overall, airbrush is meant to be controlled. If you like light coverage, you spray on one layer. If you want full coverage, you layer it on till you get the coverage you want. Airbrush makeup is meant to look flawless without the heavy look or feel. You don't "feel" the makeup and it doesn't move around, which is amazing. The system is really easy to use on yourself. You just have to make sure you keep it at an arms length and layer! I do have to say, airbrush is not for everyone. It is not for the on-the-go mom and not for super oily skin. I personally have an oily t-zone and it works wonders on me because it doesn't let me get shiny or oily. But if you have the type of skin that's slippery and oily overall, it's not for you. Otherwise, it stays all day! You can touch your face and the foundation wont budge. Belletto Studio is definitely a product you can use at home on a daily basis with a light spray. I used F5 all over my face with F3 underneath my eyes to highlight. I also used the B5 blush which is a pink tone. I personally don't like airbrush eyeshadow because you don't get enough precision but of course it's definitely a perference! I loved the system and will post a promo code for you guys to use to get a discount shortly. Hang tight!
Hey Guys! I have finally posted my first ever YouTube tutorial. Check it out and let me know what you guys think! Make sure to watch Part 2 to see the complete look. Please make sure to like, subscribe and comment. Hope you guys like it!
Hey guys! So I finally got around to posting my top 10 favorite products of 2012! I know...we are almost March and I am a lag; but better late than never right? There were a lot of products from 2011 that I wanted to repost as a continued favorite BUT I figured you can always check back on my old post. There is a lot of info on the products below so feel free to just breeze through the products and close the page :) However, if you want info on the product and why it made it to my top 10 of 2012, keep on reading...
1. Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer - Still hands down favorite primer! I've blogged about this in a previous post but had to include this in my top 10 products. I've used many and I mean MANY different primers throughout the year and have found some great ones, but I do always go back to this one. It looks absolutely beautiful on the skin, its oil free, makes your face glow without the unwanted t-zone shine, repels water, reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles and just makes your skin look flawless!
2. Anastasia: Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat - Her whole line is amazing, but this is really genius! Waterproof mascaras never go on as nice as our favorite mascara. Usually, it is such a hassle to take off waterproof mascara, but this product makes our life a bit easier. Because you are not layering and layering (like we do with regular mascara), you are only coating your mascara once to lock it in place. We can run from waterproof mascara...but we can't hide! Because when summer hits and pool season begins...this will be your best friend :) For me, it simplifies my process with my clients. Some clients need waterproof (emotional brides) and some don't. So I can use any of my fav mascaras on anyone!
3. Beauty Blender - Oh the famous little sponge that changed the life of make-up artists (and every other makeup fiend). I really don't know how I blended the foundation/concealer all together without this fella? Now, I can't work without it! I have about 15 of them because washing them does take a while between clients, but if taken well care of, will last you a very long time. Foundation goes on flawless without looking heavy and will have an airbrush looking finish. If you are not using one yet...you are missing out!
4. Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Powder - Obsessed with these powders. I just dust some all over the face for a beautiful glow (the perfect balance between matte and glitter). If you are oily, keep it away from your t-zone because you will shine but if you are normal to dry, boy are you lucky. Dust it all over your face to set in your foundation or just to liven up dull looking skin. I use the "light" to brighten underneath my eyes and the "medium" everywhere else. Love love love.
5. Mac Mineralized Blush "Warm Soul" - Thee perfect blush. Remember when I said there is no such thing as the "best blush"?? Because everyones skin tone is different and such? (refer to old post) Well, I take that back. This IS the best blush. I use it on almost all of my clients and I can't believe how much it really compliments their different shades of complexion! It's not pink, its not brown, it's right in between with the softest sheen that makes your cheeks glow. The other colors are beautiful too but this color is a definite MUST HAVE!
6. CAUDALÍE Beauty Elixir - Also blogged on a previous post, the au natural hydrating mist for all skin types and all occasions ;) This product definitely made it in my top 10 because once again, anybody can use it! It is a misconception that the water will ruin your makeup. In reality, it really sets in your makeup. If you are dry, this is especially perfect for you because it has essential oils that will treat your skin. If you have oily skin, it's still great for your skin because the oil produced from underneath your skin is not the same as these oils sprayed onto your skin. It absorbs quickly and does not add on to your shiny-ness. Now that summer is coming along, you are going to love and overuse this product because it is so refreshing! There are cheaper options such as Mario Badescue Rosewater or Evian Spray.
7. Lime Crime Lipsticks - Every. Single. Color. Even the black looks amazing, how is that possible?! As you know my absolute favorites are Cosmopop and Coquette because they look beautiful on so many skintones; but all her colors are truly beautiful and perfect. She doesn't have 10 shades of red, 10 shades of pink, etc. She has one per category and it is just perfect. Besides the adorable packaging and colors, she is adorable herself! I had the pleasure of meeting her at IMATS and she is an absolute sweetheart! Made me want to buy her products even more <3
8, MakeupForever Sculpting Kit - Last year I blogged about the Smashbox contour palette I was obsessed with...later to find out it was being discontinued. Why?! It was the perfect contour palette. I was pretty sad for a bit until I found this! Find the shade that's right for you because they do come in 6 different levels I believe. Use it sparingly and layer if you need to intensify. It has a perfect highlight and contour color but no bronzer, so make sure you blend the two together with a matte bronzer to get the perfect gradience of color.
9. Lorac Pro Palette - Lorac came along and kicked Urban Decay Naked Palette to the curb. The difference? The different shades of matte. As beautiful as shimmers are, you need mattes to balance it out and the Naket Palette just didn't have enough for me. The top row are all mattes from the lightest shade to the darkest and the bottom row are all shimmers. Together, it's perfection. You can keep your look light or make it really dramatic, the shimmers pack on well and the mattes blend beautifully, An absolute MUST HAVE!
10. MAC "Whisper of Gilt" Extra Dimension Skinfinish - This highlighter is hands down the most beautiful highlighter on the skin. Of course, it was seasonal and MAC no longer carries this item. Had I known, I wouldv'e bought 10! It gives such a beautiful glow to the skin without the glitter. The tone is perfect for most complexions and just makes your skin like dewy. I am obsessed with this product and I use it on almost every client! I am waiting for MAC to say "j.k., it's back!" I have a tad bit more left that I use sparingly...
I've been loving the Lush cosmetics skincare for sometime now. Lush uses fruits, vegetables, essential oils, synthetic ingredients, honey and beeswax in their products. They don't use any animal fat and they are cruelty free! In other words, a more natural and animal friendly line. I don't use much of their cosmetics because its just not enough pigment for me BUT I do love their emotional brilliance face powder. It's light, hydrating and matifying. It's great for all skin types but even better for oily skin. It really does keep me matte for a long time. It's truly translucent (although its a pink powder) and goes on clear. Smells good, soft texture and free of mineral oil! Mineral oil clogs your pores, so stay away from any product that includes this. Instead, the Emotional Brilliance has jojoba oil which is similar to the skins natural sebum, so it absorbs easily and hydrates your skin. I use this on a regular basis over foundation for a shine-free finish or you can use it on its own to even out skin tone for a natural look. Emotional Brilliance is $18.95. You can buy it at a local Lush store near you. Hope you enjoyed the post. Have a great day blogees!
Hey guys! Hope you all had an amazing weekend. I've been miserably sick and no amount of Vitamin C or meds are helping :( BUT I am hangin' in there. It is just horrible weather and everyone around us is sick, so were bound to catch it at some point or another unfortunately. I wanted to post about a product most people have heard of but don't really know about. Argan oil: What is it? What does it do? Who can use it? I went into Sephora a few weeks ago and part of the VIP 500 points was the Josie Maran Argan Essentials. It was a cute little package with face wipes, cleansing oil, Argan oil and a lip balm. I loved all the products she had and had also heard about it from an employee there who praises natural products. I started researching Argan Oil and they refer to it as the "Golden Oil" . The info on it almost seems unreal: heals acne, takes away pigmentation, anti-oxidant, anti-aging, wrinkle-smoothing, burn-healing and it is also moisturizing for hair and skin. Sounds too good to be true huh? I've been using it everyday as an evening regimen and my skin feels so soft and nice! Because I am natually oily, I opt out of it in the mornings and would rather the oil really absorb into my skin at nights. Funny though, although it is an oil, it does not leave a greasy residue but feels almost like a dry oil. I don't see results for "wrinkles" yet lol but I do have to use it for a few more weeks to see visible results. Josie Maran is sold at Sephora but other brands carry it too at organic stores like Whole Foods. Don't go for the cheap ones because those may be diluted although they say 100% Argan. A little bit does go a long way and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you all to use it for so many beneficial reasons. Tell me your thoughts on it!
Hey guys! Who went to Imats this year? Did you love it or did you love it? Unfortunately I didn't have too much time to look around but I did find a few great things that I have to share! Motives makeup booth was right across mine and didn't initially spark my attention because of their display. It is so unfortunate because I must say, their quality stands out more than their image (as we know, image sells). I went over to their booth to check them out and I am so glad I did. I loved their concept, bought their foundation and loved that too. They custom make a foundation specifically for your skin color and skin type. It was pretty amazing. The ladies were super sweet and very excited about their products and you can tell, true believers into what they were representing. They make custom mineral liquid foundation with pure pigments and skin enhancing ingredients. She included an anti-aging serum and an oil control serum with SPF in my foundation. She also made a perfect match setting powder as well. I used it for the first time today and I loved the way it looked on my skin. Feels very light and looks very natural but has great coverage. Most importantly, it's not harmful to your skin! Have any of you tried it? I'd love feedback! More IMATS reviews coming soon...
As we all know, eyebrows shape our face, right? (say yes). Every time I work on a client, I cannot WAIT to get to the eyebrows. The makeup I do on their eyes can look great, but if the brows aren't shaped, it just doesn't look right. Unfortunately, I do not tweeze my clients eyebrows myself (because I don't want to be responsible for them hehe), but I do shape them with makeup and such, if they allow me ;) Not everyone has the same eyebrows nor do they need to. However, shaping your eyebrows the "classic" way is going to compliment the average face so nicely! Examples: If your eyebrows start further than the picture shown below, then you are giving the illusion that your eyes are far apart from each other. In the same token, if you leave them too close to each other, your eyes will look very close to each other. Also, if your eyebrow stops shorter than the picture shown below, than you are making your eyes look short as opposed to extending them out and making them longer. Lastly, the arch in your eyebrow is going to open up your eye space, make them look bigger and also gives your face some character, if you ask me! If your eyebrow arches too soon, you are going to have a "worried" or "surprised" looking face. You will also notice in the picture that the point of front of your eyebrow and the point of the end of your eyebrow are on the same line. If your eyebrow drags further down at the end than the front part, it will make your eyes very droopy...and nobody wants that. Now...what do you use to shape your brows? The answer is different for everyone. If you already have a great shape but it's a little empty, then you need to fill it in with powder only. If your shape is not quite defined, then you need to use a pencil to shape them, then use a powder to fill it in. You want your eyebrows to look as natural as possible (unless you prefer the obvious). If you are not great at brows and not sure how to do it, brands like Anastasia of Beverly Hills have stencils that you can use to help you perfect your brows. I am also LOVING their colored brow gels. If you have light hair and dark eyebrows, instead of dying your eyebrows (which eventually end up looking racoon-y), brush on the light brow gel over your brow and see how much softer it looks. So many rules to eyebrows right? You'll get the hang of it ;) If not, I will be posting an eyebrow youtube tutorial shortly to help you further. First youtube video, yay me! Hope you guys enjoyed this post in the meantime :)
Hey guys! Many of you have been asking what I used on my last facebook and instagram post of the "Highlight/Contour" face. I have listed the products below, but you can definitely use and work with what you have as well. There is no one way of doing this. A lot of times, I use powders instead of creams, such as the MakeupForever contour palettes which I love. But if you are looking for a more dramatic contouring look such as the "Kim Kardashian" look...creams or liquids would be best. In the photo above, I have used ERA Classified foundations. As most of you know, I have been using this foundation for YEARS! I am obsessed with it and cannot find anything else that will beat this product. I first got introduced to it at Naimies when I was working there about 9 years ago and have been using it religiously since then. The reason I love it is because it has buildable coverage, it's not heavy or cakey, covers great and looks flawless! In the photo above, my model is "Y5" in ERA terms. For her highlight, I have used "Y1" and for her contour, I have used "R8". So depending on the skintone you are, you may need to go even lighter or darker with your highlighting and contouring colors. First put on your skintone foundation all over your face and then streak your face with the hightlight and contour. The secret into blending it all together flawlessly is none other than the Beauty Blender. I am obsessed with the Beauty Blender. I honestly don't know how I was working without it before. Lastly, I used the Ben Nye Banana Visage with a powder puff to set everything in. The banana powder brings it all together and gives the face a brightness due to the yellow tone. Proceed with the rest of your face or just pop some blush and lashes and you are good to go! When your skin looks so flawless, you don't need much of anything else on your face to look "done". You can purchase the foundation from my studio at Lilit's Makeup Studio in Sherman Oaks. Give us a call at (818)386-6560. Hope you guys enjoyed the post! Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments. Thank you :)
Hey Guys! Haven't blogged in a minute "Tell me something new"...I know :( Hope you're all having a fabulous time during the holidays! Eat away...because once the new year comes along...I know what everyone's new years resolution will be ;) I am right there with you! I actually miss the gym. Just a matter of making time for it right? Hehe. Anyways, I wanted to share my new found love for the stila longwear lip colors. I've been obsessed with "corina" (blood orange) as I've shared on facebook and instagram. They just came out with a holiday set of 4 colors for $32! It's a steal and an awesome gift for the holidays. They're usually about $20 each. I'm really loving the colors and will post up looks soon. But besides the color, I love it for my makeup kit because it really does last a very long time without drying your lips. But as any other longwear color, you must make sure you always exfoliate your lips and keep them soft (read previous post). Im trying to run away from regular lipsticks because I am not the type of girl who goes to a party and retouches her lips. I need my lips to last me long time! :) Let me know how u guys like them! Xoxo