A dose of Anastasia Beverly hills, a dash of an amazing makeup artist, and a sprinkle of stunning shades, all come together in perfect makeup harmony creating the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette. You all know what a huge fan I am of Anastasia and her entire collection! This eye shadow palette was particularly special for me not only because it offers gorgeous shadows in ten beautiful shades, but also because of how excited I am for Amrezy and her out-of-this-world success. Amra, best known as Amrezy to her one-million+ followers on Instagram, is a talented makeup artist who inspires her fans with fabulous hair and makeup looks on the daily. Beyond that, she is clearly a hard working girl that has made her mark in the beauty world. Kudos!
As for my two cents on the Amrezy Palette, I’ll tell you that this awesome product definitely lives up to all of the well-deserved buzz. I couldn’t wait to try it and I certainly wasn’t disappointed. From shades you can wear everyday to hues you’ll look to for that perfect pop of color, this palette has it all. All ten shades are gorgeous, velvety smooth, and blendable. Trust me, this is a purchase you won’t regret.
1. Consistency is key. Giving your followers consistency is absolutely essential to social media success. A few posts in one week followed by weeks of inactivity is not going to do the trick. Just like answering emails and communicating with clients is important to your business, maintaining your social media (especially in the beauty world) is also vital to your success.
2. Not all content is good content. Although you want to be consistent with your posts, be selective about what you’re sharing...quality matters!
3. The quality of your photos is crucial. Dimly lit and blurry photos with a cluttered background are not going to represent you well. Take a few moments to edit the lighting and colors of your photos to really make them pop. Photos posted on your social media platforms are often the first impression many potential clients and followers get, so make it count!
4. Pay attention to which photos get the most buzz. Go through your feed and take note of which posts are doing well. This will help you get a better grasp on what your followers want to see more of.
5. Give your followers a genuine and authentic representation of yourself. Although it might be easy and tempting to create a social media alter ego, always keep in mind that followers can (hopefully) become clients that are eventually going to meet you and see you as you are.
6. Aim for inspiration, not replication. Everyone looks to other professionals for tips and inspiration. This is something I hope you’ll do when starting your business. However, trying to duplicate another artist’s style can hinder your success. Take notes from those that inspire you, but find your own niche. Your personal style will always be more authentic, which will allow your followers to connect with you.
7. Don’t expect any of it to come easy. Marketing yourself and your business takes a lot of hard work. Contrary to what it may seem, making an impact on social media and succeeding as a professional takes a lot of behind the scenes blood, sweat, and tears. Work hard, keep at it, and you’ll reap the benefits.
8. Try to tune out the negativity, but learn to take constructive criticism. Although negative feedback sometimes isn’t very constructive, many times colleagues, friends, and followers may give you suggestions that can be hard to hear but can help you grow and improve.
9. Educate yourself about social media marketing. Whether this means hitting the bookstore or looking up articles online, learn all you can about the ins and outs of social media marketing.
10. Good luck and don’t give up!